It’s the weekend! Hows everyone doing? We ordered in a side of babysitter last night and headed out for dinner. Unfortunately the Japanese restaurant we went to last night had no idea where in Asia Japan actually is… Alongside the expected Sushi on the menu, other items included Indian Curry with raita, Vietnamese spring rolls, Thai dipping sauce for steamed dumplings, and Sweet & Sour beef. Hmmm. Nice atmosphere, but food was a little on the average side. Oh well. Tried something new, got dressed up, high heels, out of the house without baby etc etc.
Big shout out to Becky over at Springy Stitches for nominating me for The Versatile Blogger Award!! Pop over to Becky’s page to admire the gorgeous dresses and skirts she is creating in sunny old England.
This award is similar to The Liebster Award, being a way for bloggers to share their fave blogs, gain a bit more exposure and to get to know a little more about each other. If you choose to accept your nomination there are a few rules to follow:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and create a link back to their blog
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Nominate 15 other versatile bloggers ***Sorry rules but I’m only going to nominate 5***
4. Tell the bloggers that you nominated them
Ok… so all about me….
1. I talk a lot. Apparently, I often talk just to hear myself talk (or so my lovely hubby says…). I’m sure this will come across on my blog…
2. My eyes are two different colours. It has a fancy name that I can never remember, and I’ve passed it down to my nephew too! Crazy eyes!
3. I love going to the movies. I used to work at a movie theatre for years & hubby and I used to go all the time whilst dating. The last movie we saw together was the James Bond movie when Bubba was 6 weeks old (and slept through the entire thing. Loudest movie in history too. Champion).
4. I used to be an international flight attendant. (Think Gweynth Paltrow a la View from the Top. Me. Totally me.)
5. I met my (Australian) husband on a flight from London to Dubai (yes, while I was working!)
6. I’m terrified of spiders, and once had a monster of a thing living in my rearview mirror of my car. Had to get into my car from the passenger side for about a month…
7. I make an AWESOME lemon meringue pie.
Ok, here are my 5 nominations…
1. Chantal from A handmade wardrobe . Love seeing what she’s up to, and got my Belcarra inspiration from her. :)
2. The gorgeous Pips over at The girl in a teacup – I just love reading her blog, love her style and beautifully finished garments!
3. Lizzie from Busy Lizzie in Brizzy. Basically coz she’s from Brisbane… Nah, I love trawling through her blog for inspiration
4. Etta of Cheerful Homemaker… I enjoy reading her blog and keeping up to date on instagram too! :)
5. Go say hi to Teri over at Fa Sew La – I enjoy getting some inspiration from what she’s been creating, got my Washi inspiration from her!
Thanks again to Becky, and have a good weekend all – my hubby is working today so I’m just hanging out with Bubba and attempting to master a rolled hem on my overlocker…. I have 2 RTW dresses that have a rolled hem, and I really want to take the hem up a few inches. Eek. Weekend Project!